My Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test

Assalamualaikum..

So I took a test on the dominance of brain hemisphere on http://testyourself.psychtests.com for fun. At first I always that I am a right brainy as I prefer intuition rather than logic (say it like that laa). But I understand even though I like art and design, I am not that one person who knows and do much of it. I did not feel like I am a left dominance either, as I suck at accounting and not a fan of physic, biology, and those sort of stuff. However I took several language classes and my college major requires logic, which involve left brain. So which one is dominant? Well, the test result helped explain it:  I have a balanced Left and Right brain!

Here is what the result says:
If you score closer to the right side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically right-brain. If you score closer to the left side of the graph, your personality is more characteristically left-brain. If you score somewhere in the middle, you share characteristics of both sides of the brain.

Overall Result
 54

Both your right and left hemisphere seem to have reached a level of perfect harmony - rather than trying to dominant each other, they work together to create a unique and well-balanced "you". Your spontaneous, impulsive, and free-flowing right brain creates an exciting and adventurous world, while you left brain helps you make sense of it and keep track of everything.
When faced with a problem or a tough decision, you're not only able to break things down and make an informed and sensible choice, but you're also not afraid to go with your gut when necessary. You tend to express your individuality both in words and actions, and although you're perfectly comfortable running on a schedule or planning things ahead of time, there are occasions when you love to throw in a little spontaneity.
Your balanced outlook and approach to life creates a desire in you to not only understand the world, but to also take it in your hands and mold it as you see fit. With both your right and left hemispheres working together to guide you, you are able to understand yourself and life in general from so many wonderful perspectives.

What is written in above statements hold some truths about me. Yes, I am definitely an impulsive and spontaneous person. This happened much in me blogging. I often have something in mind, some are planned. However many of one that were posted are the result of my spontaneity.
I am definitely not a planner kind of person since I planned only if necessary. When I plan, I usually don't follow them well. It's a head-burning thing for me. I prefer more flexible schedule where I can jump from one task to another (blame my impulsive and spontaneity!). The only plan I could thoroughly follow is one that is made in order to arrange a good event.
"Your balanced outlook and approach to life creates a desire in you to not only understand the world, but to also take it in your hands and mold it as you see fit."
This is true. I like to understand what am I doing and what can I do. Observation is the least I have to do. Why people doing such, why such happened, what such is happening, etc. I always believe that human has those way of 'fitting' with the condition. Even though some might require extra effort, but in the end it always paid. Fitting let us have better way of understanding, which will lead to doing something.

For me having a balance left and right brain is more fun than having just right brain dominance. It explains more about who I really am and helps me in unveiling the reason of me doing such thing. It's a fun test, you should try!

So what about you? Are you a right, left, or comination brainy?


*http://braintest.sommer-sommer.com/en/ is another site that offer the same test. You should try.

Comments