as i deduce i suggest you to enjoy the series: SHERLOCK


Greeting of salvation :)

Let me do a glimpse of deduction first:
Title put above is too obvious for you to not knowing what I am about to talk about with the fact that almost everyone in the universe, for at least, ever heard the name of Sherlock Holmes, the only world consultant detective who solved crimes and unveiled mysteries with his very fella of companion, dr. John Watson.
Am I right? 
If I am not, then I will consider you as a more out of date person than myself (considering the fact that the series started in 2010 and I happened to discover it in 2014, pretty late but better than never). I would kindly make a suggestion for you to sit on the most comfortable couch and take time considering my pieces of words I about to deliver.



'Sherlock', as what was noted in wikipedia, is a British television crime drama aired by BBC and PBS representing the contemporary adaptation of the honorable Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's work of Sherlock Holmes detective stories. The series are created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss (who also act as Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's dear older brother). Started in 2010 with three episodes for each series and interval of two years between each season, 'Sherlock' has respectively receiving positive critics regarding the writing, performances and directing. It third season which aired on January 2014 has become UK's most watched drama series since 2001 and even receives rating of 9,3 out of 10 from IMDb.

The stories took place in London where Sherlock (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) and his 221B Baker Street flatmate dr. John Watson (role by Martin Freeman) assisting the Metropolitan Police Service, primarily Detective Inspector Greg Lestrade (Rupert Graves), in solving various crimes as consulting detective -- the job he invented himself. Eventually there are nine chosen crimes successfully solved (along with numbers of other cases) during the total of 9 episodes in three seasons.

The episodes are:
Season 1: "A Study in Pink", "The Blind Banker", and "The Great Game"
Season 2: "A Scandal in Belgvaria", "The Hound of the Baskervilles" and "The Reichenbach Fall"
Season 3:  "The Empty Hearse", The Sign of Three", and "His Last Vow"
 
Now let me have my own saying regarding the series:
'Sherlock' is one of the best TV series I have ever watched in my entire life and had left a deep impression through all the stories, scenarios and scripts and performances. Through 'Sherlock' I am able to witness a true great work of a person I barely hear the name and only know the 'Conan' part from the cartoon series. The
series bring me back to my British fondness which has been long forgotten. Through Sherlock I am able to take my curiosity a step further by getting along with series of deductions and reasoning, forcing my brain to work creatively :) I like the character Sherlock, by the way. He is always steps ahead than others. It incredible to see how fast and precise he is with his ‘mind palace’.
The character Sherlock is the best demonstrate human as social being. On top of your cleverness there will always a need for a second opinion, for reference at least. No matter how anti-social you consider yourself, it is always a fortunate to be able to speak what is in your mind to someone, although it frequently pissed them off and label you freak. Just speak it out anyway :)
Mycroft Holmes, John Watson, Mary Morstan and Sherlock are representing the fact that out of six billions human being in the universe, there is at least one person who will stand by you no matter worst happen and those people are the one worth keeping. Jim Moriarty in the other hand taught us that out of six billion living souls, there will always those who admire you by disliking you, which might playing around with you as a sense of disturbance and distraction. It’s not a big matter anyway, since the universe has always been balanced with likes and dislikes :)
On top of that, Sherlock also taught me to observe, think and solve. Observing is more than seeing, it takes more attention to put at an object to be able to see the entire being. Thinking takes more effort to connect between dots of things to create understanding. While solving is involving action, which is deeper step than just randomly thinking of possibilities. If we do that, we are a step further than our current self :)

Talking about the episodes, I have several favorite episodes from the three seasons, some are: 

Season 1: episode 1 and 3 (aired 2010)
I first encounter Sherlock as formidable character as I fall for the fast and precise deduction in episode 1. The case was a serial killer involving a cabby driver, by the way. I like the third episode because of the introduction of Moriarty. “The bad guy is finally here.” It’s good to see Sherlock finally got a archenemy :)
Season 2: episode 2 (aired 2012)
Involving the dominatrix Irene Adler, finally we can see Sherlock almost got into sentiment and a-possible female company (even though in the end it was only admiration, not more).
Season 3: episode 2 and 3 (aired 2014)
Attempted murder in John and Mary's wedding in episode 2 brought me to a wrong guess of who might be victim. I taught it was the victim (Major Sholto) who became the murderer, while in fact an unsuspected person like the photographer is the murderer. Episode 3 shows us that Sherlock despite, his formidable deductions can also have a wrong guess, a fatal one eventually. Quiet showing that he is too, a human being.


I think you should watch the entire seasons to fully understands things I wrote about. 
For you who haven't watch, it is my pleasure to advise you to get yourself seated and take a joyful time to watch the series: 'SHERLOCK' 

by the way, thank you for reading :) hope will this trigger your curiosity toward the series :)



p.s: I'm expecting the fourth season which may released in years ahead, however I really hope the time will worth the wait :)

Comments