You Gotta Watch This: REPLY 1994


Assalamualaikum..


Haihaii I'm coming back after going awhile from this blog thingy... So I am actually (supposedly to be exact) dealing with my FINAL EXAM! GOSH! Yes, I've been back and forth with papers and power points and materials and all those things. However having your head burnt with materials, papers, ppts all the time is not a good thing, rithe? That is why during these i-actually-should-be-busy-studying time, I give myself a pleasure (actually too much pleasure) to have my mind relaxed and... WATCH DRAMA instead.


So couple days ago I got this drama from my friend, which I've been hearing frequently couple months ago as a recommended to watch drama as some K-Pop news were having a headline about it. At first I was not that interested to watch it since I did not know what it was all about. But hearing my friend said that the drama is good and the casts played well, I'm kinda interested to watch it. And here I am, during all these supposedly-hectic time, having my own time enjoying the drama:



File:Reply 1994.jpg
Reply 1994 /Answer Me 1994 / Respond 1994 / Eungdabhara 1994
(Surely K Drama have many alias names -__-)


The story taken in 1994 where there were days of SeoTaiJi and boys, hottest summer in Korea, World Cup, Yonsei University's Basketball become famous and all those sort of stuff happened in Korea that I actually do not understand that much. 

Anyway, the story is about 6 countryside kids who went to college in Yonsei University, and try to adjust their self with the 180 degrees different life of Seoul City. These 6 kids are living in a boarding house run by Sung family whose daughter is Sung Na Jung (played by Go AhRa) who was crazy over Yonsei Univ basketball player Lee Sang Nim. If you wanna know more just read from Dr. Wiki here
The story later on develop around the love story of the casts. Some have crush over another (including Na Jung), some got broke up, and... I don't know, I haven't watch it all anyway.

I am currently watching up to episode 5 and is amazed already tha I'm thinking about making it one of my forever favorite drama ever! Wait until i watch all the 21 episodes and I'll decide it is or it is not.

The thing I love about this drama is the fact that this drama is FUNNY AND ROMANTIC! The story makes me not even once want to skip a second. The things happened in this drama are almost all a real life situation scenes from the love things up to the family and friend life things.
This drama is very recommended especially for those whose being away from home for either college or worklife, since it will surely makes you miss hometown and feel homesick (I'm expecting some tears especially from freshmen). And for those who was once away from home (I was, couple years ago) it reminds of the time when we were away. How happiness and sadness was once crafted as we met new family and friends C:

Najung's husband candidate:
Trash Oppa and Chilbong
Oh, the other interesting about the drama is that most of the characters's real name are not mentioned. They were called with nicknames like Trash (Na Jung's Oppa), Chilbong, Binggrae, Haitai, Samchonpo, etc. Up to the episode I've been watching, there were only some of them have their name revealed. This name revelation is related with main female cast, Sung Na Jung, final love story, where she happened to married one of the man who was living in her boarding house. The name of the husband was revealed  around episode 3 or 4 (I forgot), however the casts real name wasn't revealed yet (rumor said it was kept in secret until the last episode). And with all the trivial scenes of who will the husband be, it got me to think who will it be? who will it be?! Ah, I fall for such trivia. However it was fun to follow along, even an actor like Kim Soo Roo was once taking a guess who will it be.

So, with all the hype I'm getting I'm looking forward for the further development of Najung's love story as well as the other casts. I can not wait for my exam to over so I can watch the entire episode.. or maybe I will watch it between study time just like I did hehe...
Anyway, I should go back to my materials. For those who are taking exam, FIGHTING! Exam is fun.

Wassalam c:

Comments